Improving Curb Appeal: What to Look For and Ways to Finance It
Spring is right around the corner, and with it comes warmer temperatures and the anticipation of sprucing up your curb appeal. It’s a time to paint, play in the dirt, or bring out the power washer to clean things up.
Whether you plan on staying in your home or considering putting your home on the market, your goal is the same. You need to visually accentuate your home with proper lawn care and maintain its integrity by inspecting the house from the roof down to the foundation for items that might need repair or replacement.
A Spring-Cleaning list might look like the following:
- Replace shingles that need replacing due to storms.
- Replace worn-down seals and boots around the fireplace and roof vents from prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Clean out the gutters and repair any leaks.
- Inspect the facia and soffits for any water damage or rot.
- Re-caulk windowsills to waterproof and fill in any gaps.
- Inspect your foundation’s integrity.
- Make sure there is adequate drainage around the house foundation.
- Address any loose boards on the porch, stairs, or decking.
- Painting the whole house or touch-ups.
- Address cracks in any retaining walls, walkways, or the driveway
- Cleaning out debris in the flower beds from fall foliage
- Trim up the shrubs.
- Plant new flowers and lay some fresh mulch down.
It’s a lot of work and sometimes a lot of money. At BankSouth Mortgage, we have a renovation loan product to help the homeowner, the HomeStyle renovation loan. This loan will help you obtain the money you might need to correct some of the big-ticket items you might have found as you did your Spring Home Inspection.
If you are a home purchaser, our HomeStyle and HomeReady loans might be an excellent option for you as you house hunt. Some people find the house they love in the right part of town or the right school district, but it needs to be updated, or significant repairs need to be done. These loans can make that dated house the home of your dreams. If you want to purchase, we encourage you to speak with your local BankSouth Mortgage Loan Officer. They can share more about the programs and discuss how these loan products can meet your needs.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!